Tagged!! By Frances
Very very long ago, I was tagged by Frances on : the meaning of my baby's name.
OK here goes:
Tag details:
**Start Copy**Proposition: What is the meaning of your kid's name?Requirements: write about what or how or why you giving the name to your kids.
Quantity: FIVE PEOPLE.Tag Mode:1st - You leave their blog and post link and add to the list below.2nd - Let the blogger you want to tag know they been tagged by comment in their blog or etc
The meaning of Ashley:
According to http://www.babynames.com/, Ashley means : From the ash tree field.
Errr ...
How we came about naming Ashley, Ashley:
Many many years ago, I was gossiping with a friend about someone. This friend told me how handsome this someone's brother was and his name was Ashley. My first reaction: Wah, what a nice name. Many years later, my neighbour had the cutest little girl with curly hair and big eyes and her name is Ashley. So I made up my mind to name my future baby Ashley, be it boy or girl. HH has no objections, because I threathen not to have any children if he refuse the name Ashley. heheehe!
Ashley's Chinese name: 静萱
According to a English/Chinese translation website,
静means : still, calm, quiet, not moving
萱means : Hemerocallis flava
Ashley's Chinese name was derived from an assortment of words that I like. I gave the lot of words to my father-in-law and he came up with this name. I know, Ashley is SO the very opposite of her name. Quiet? Calm? Not moving? What a joke! Err as for Hemerocallis flava, I dun even know what it means. But according to the dictionary.com, it means: a day lily with yellow flowers. So I assume her Chinese name means : a yellow lily that is calm. -_-
As I was writing this post, I ask HH the meaning of Ashley's Chinese name, the meaning he gave me : Quiet Celebration.
Yes I know, both of us CMI in the Chinese department. That's why we gave the task to my father-in-law!! Gotta ask him what's the real meaning of her name.
I hope Ashley will never ask us about the the meaning of her name. Maybe we gotta come up with some touching story on how her name is derived.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home