Milk Bar Closed
After 5 months of being a cow, I finally called it quits and decided to close my milk bar. Although I am a firm believer in the wonders of breast milk, Ashley's inconsistent feeding habits and the snide remarks I get everyday for feeding is turning me into a potential patient for IMH.
I refused to go the expressing route as I think life is much more than just a pump. Or put it simply, I am not so weida to go through all that just to feed my baby breastmilk. Think I will go bersek very very soon if I do.
Now, life is so different.
I can finally stop doing these stuff:
- Hiding in the car to breastfeed and hope the Ah Pek in the next car will stop looking in while Ashley pulls open my top n show the world her vending machine.
- Looking for the nursery/feeding room the moment we stepped into a shopping mall
- Going to places with breastfeeding facilities only
- Rushing home within 5hrs if I am out without my baby so I won't have silicone breasts
I stop hearing remarks like:
- You have enough milk meh?
- Breastmilk is not nutritious enough for baby
- You breastfeed ah? No wonder your baby is so sticky with you. Give powder lah!
- Your breasts so small can produce milk har?
- Breastmilk is not tasty
- I want to see you feed leh to ensure you are doing the correct way
(These stoopid people have NEVER breastfeed and its just a lousy excuse to see my breasts.)
However, nothing in life is perfect!
With the new change, I have to bear with:
- Bringing lots of bottles and milk powder out which means cannot use small n stylo diaper bags liao
- Super smelly and gross looking poo
- Super smelly and gross smelling farts
- Wastage of milk when she doesn't want to drink
- High chance of having an obese baby in the near future.
Of cuz, the greatest incentive of stoppping breastfeeding is, our sex life is now back to normal. No more knocking on the door when we are in the middle of the most exciting act.
Hahahahahahaha!
I refused to go the expressing route as I think life is much more than just a pump. Or put it simply, I am not so weida to go through all that just to feed my baby breastmilk. Think I will go bersek very very soon if I do.
Now, life is so different.
I can finally stop doing these stuff:
- Hiding in the car to breastfeed and hope the Ah Pek in the next car will stop looking in while Ashley pulls open my top n show the world her vending machine.
- Looking for the nursery/feeding room the moment we stepped into a shopping mall
- Going to places with breastfeeding facilities only
- Rushing home within 5hrs if I am out without my baby so I won't have silicone breasts
I stop hearing remarks like:
- You have enough milk meh?
- Breastmilk is not nutritious enough for baby
- You breastfeed ah? No wonder your baby is so sticky with you. Give powder lah!
- Your breasts so small can produce milk har?
- Breastmilk is not tasty
- I want to see you feed leh to ensure you are doing the correct way
(These stoopid people have NEVER breastfeed and its just a lousy excuse to see my breasts.)
However, nothing in life is perfect!
With the new change, I have to bear with:
- Bringing lots of bottles and milk powder out which means cannot use small n stylo diaper bags liao
- Super smelly and gross looking poo
- Super smelly and gross smelling farts
- Wastage of milk when she doesn't want to drink
- High chance of having an obese baby in the near future.
Of cuz, the greatest incentive of stoppping breastfeeding is, our sex life is now back to normal. No more knocking on the door when we are in the middle of the most exciting act.
Hahahahahahaha!

1 Comments:
you funny girl! hugs.
Post a Comment
<< Home