lotti's toaster

Monday, May 30, 2005

Psycho Mums

S was complaining to me about how she hates advice dished out by friends who are on different wavelength as her. S is a mother-to-be and she has been bombed by well-meaning advices from mothers whose lives revolve around their children.

I understand her predicament and anger. To us, being mothers or wives does not mean the end of you own life. Rather its incorporating the changes into your lives.

Some time ago, I was having lunch with a pregnant friend when she lectured me for being a "brainless, immature, irresponsible and selfish" being, just because me and The Husband spent X amount of money on something which she deem totally frivolous because "each penny spend now must be on the baby. Anything out of the context is simply selfish"

Despite me explaining (heaven knows why I bother explaining) that we do $$ set aside and we do save every month and we are not planning for a kid yet, she was blasting me throughout lunch saying "every cent counts for children. Now I don't even buy anything for myself. That is so thoughtless and selfish of you and your husband to spend that kind of money on this and that and this"

WTF

I seriously look down on myself for allowing her to hurl such abuses on me. The last straw was when she remarked : Aiya you are not a mother you won't understand. When you are one, then you will know.

Seriously, at that moment I had wanted to scold her all the hokkien vulgarities I learn from The Husband.

KNNCCB

Must be a mother then can understand? Does being non-mothers make us thoughtless, selfish and irresponsible? Yes, I've seen alot of people transform to "less selfish" people because they stop buying branded bags and instead spend it on clothes for their kids. Seriously, does that make the person less selfish? I don't think so. To be a truly selfless parent is one who devote time and love to their children and not measure it by $$ spent.

One woman at my marriage class made the same ignorant, stupid and downright no-brainer remark to me before:

W: Your cousin's baby very cute hor!
lotti: yah lor! but she very notti ah!
W *face change to horror*: Aiyoh she is only 1 years old leh! How can she be nottie? Aiya you are not a mother you won't understand lah! When you have kids then you will know lah! Kids are by nature active what! What a horrible thing to say!
lotti: I don't mean nottie in THAT way. I meant it in a cute way. Yah you are right, I'm not a mother I won't understand. I seriously don't understand why nowadays mothers are so uptight about their children.
*smile and walked off*


Chao bitch.

Me and S made a pact that we'll never become baby crazy when we become mums. She is now pregnant and heng, so far she is still very sane. Michey promised to smack us the moment we show signs of craziness.

I've decided to smack the next person who dare say the "You are not a mother you won't understand" or "When you are a mother, then you'll understand" thingy to me.

You have been warned!

posted by lotti at Monday, May 30, 2005

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gin gin, nevermind those bitches and their CB mouths. don't hang out with those people lah, slap them instead ! promise that if/when my turn comes, I won't be like that. hugs ! also I will definitely slap you if you turn crazy ! LOL !

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna luff :D U must still buy things for yourself mah.. otherwise how?

I felt so deprived for not being able to buy NICE clothings leh. :p so when I'm done wf mine delivery. I'm gonnna SHOP LIKE CRAZY

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry.. to add on.. anonymous = Piggy here.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw gin, wanted to tell u oso..
I tink yr friend's CRAZY leh. .. cannot use my own $$ MEH?

piggy

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: lotti

lotti, 300, Former blogspot resident, died of depression in her toaster. No service was held and her ashes will be buried in the toaster. Born April 21, 2005, lotti lived her entire life in Blogspot. She was a fat, oily and yummy person who spend her life eating and worshipping HH. lotti was always Honest, Haolian, Adorable and Amicable. Her family wrote: Her incessant flaunting of HH, ceaseless chattering of nonsense and love for food was irritating to everyone. She lived her life for food and the love of HH. She left behind nothing. Just happy memories of the past.

View my complete profile

Talk To Me!

Cooking in the toaster

  • lotti & butter

The Great Old Days

  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • April 2009